Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Support Local Yarn Shops

So sorry for taking a whole 10 days off from blogging.  Life really got in the way, I had to travel 9 hours to Virginia for a family emergency, and well... I really just didn't want to blog about anything going on in my life at that time.  But now that I'm back, I can reflect on this positive experience!  During one of my breaks from hospital hiatus, I found this really great local yarn shop:  Coordinated Colors Yarn Shoppe

I picked out a couple hanks of yarn (there was so much to choose from) and the owner graciously wound them for me.  The store started out as an online-only business, so if I need to add to my supply at any point in the future, I can simply call/email in an order, and it will ship to me at no additional handling cost.  How fabulous is that?!  Here is the project I started during my long intervals of waiting:

Lion Brand Curtain Call Shrug, Pattern #60368A
The yarn I'm using is a lighter weight than what the pattern calls for; therefore, I made a gauge swatch, upped the needle size, made another gauge swatch, and hopefully this will work out.  Otherwise I'll either be frogging the whole thing or giving it as a gift to someone much smaller than me.  Either way, I needed something to keep me busy and help me feel productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment