Friday, February 4, 2011

Gotta Be There

I have to head out of town tomorrow morning for an undetermined amount of time.  At this point, definitely not longer than a week, and maybe only through Wednesday, but I'm really not sure.  So as much as I like to be organized and have everything planned out ahead of time, I'm not being afforded that luxury.  I have to pack in the worst way... just pick a bunch of articles of clothing that I like to wear often, have pieces that I can layer in case it's warm, cool, cold, rainy, sunny, etc. and make sure I have the essentials (shoes, undergarments, toiletries, and the like).

Not quite my suitcase, but really close
I'm taking the same approach with my knitting.  I might have quite the significant amount of down time, either passing the time at someone's house or growing affixed to a waiting room chair.  Either way, I will go crazy if I have to make small talk the entire time.  Enter in the sampling of my yarn stash, my circular knitting needle set, stitch markers, sewing needles, a crochet hook, and maybe a set of dpn just for good measure.  I'm not sure if I'll take any patterns with me or just wing it by falling back on some faithful favorites.

Yarn Stash Pic from Healing Hillary's Blog
I just know that in times past, my knitting has been my 2nd therapy, immediately following prayer and the study of God's Word.  I know my Lord is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  He has created everything and is completely sovereign to control all that is His.  Who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment