Wednesday, March 9, 2011

31 Before Thirty-One

I've been feeling kind of uninspired lately (I'm going to blame it on all the rain).  But my 30th birthday is coming up in 4 days, so I decided to make a list.  I missed out on making a 30 before Thirty list like my friend Katie did @Explanation Required, so instead this is a 31 before thirty-one list... 31 things to do before I turn 31 years old.  Enjoy!  I know I will :)

1. Don’t buy breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, or drink for an entire week.
2. Plan out a week of dinner meals and stick to the plan.
3. Make a family spending plan/budget.
4. Write out my testimony of accepting Jesus Christ.
5. Finish or frog all projects in my UFO bin.
6. Save $1000.
7. Drink only water for an entire week.
8. Run a 5K.
9. Lose 30 lbs.
10. Pay off a credit card.
11. Send Christmas cards.
12. Be a craft show vendor with only knitted items.
13. Attempt to paint on a canvas.
14. Take a tap dance class.
15. Take a pottery class.
16. Get my passport renewed.
17. Build a sand castle.
18. Become First Aid and CPR certified.
19. Keep my bamboo plant alive.
20. Purchase life insurance.
21. Have a legal will.
22. Read the whole Bible.
23. Learn to crochet.
24. Reorganize the filing cabinets.
25. Organize parsonage photos by rooms.
26. Host a party.
27. Be tan before the summer family reunion.
28. Fly in a plane.
29. Buy a new bathing suit.
30. Go swimming.
31. Pray when I first wake up, each morning for a whole month… then try two months.

Maybe it's not super exciting or really adventurous, but they are all things that I want and/or feel I need to do.  I tried to be realistic while setting my goals so that I'll actually reach all of them without driving myself crazy in the process.  Do you have any goals that you want to reach before your next birthday?  Feel free to share! :)

1 comment:

  1. my goal is to learn to knit. actually, this was my goal in december and each month i try to do it and something with my hands just doesnt click! i can cast on.....and thats where my skills end! LOL oh someday...

    ReplyDelete