Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Time for a change

Big news... I'm leaving my daytime full-time job!  I put an exclamation point there not because I have this whole thing figured out exactly, but because I'm definitely sure that it's time to move on and experience the next step in my professional career.

However, I'm REALLY going to miss my college students, especially the ones at the radio station where I've been their primary advisor for the past 2 years.  As a special tribute to them (and an attempt to place a soothing balm over the harsh reality of my impending departure) I made...
WFNP 88.7 FM The Edge Cupcakes!
This was my very first experience using melted candy to pipe writing to use as cupcake decorations!  I melted Hershey Kisses in a double boiler...

by "double boiler" I mean taking a stainless metal bowl and
setting it over a pot of boiling water
and then spooned the chocolate into a disposable decorating bag with the appropriate tip and carefully piped writing onto a sheet of wax paper.  The tower is our logo so I thought that was super cute!
(and quite creative) 

After refrigerating the chocolate for about an hour, I carefully perched the decorations on the cupcakes.  Success!

2 comments: